
Yesterday only when I was surfing the net, I came upon a headline on Yahoo! News: “I am not retiring - PM”. I was like, “Is he running our country?” Now today while going through the editorials, I came ran into this article : “PM draws the big picture. Now his team should get to work.” (You bet!)
It says that on a particular occasion, his interaction with the editors revealed that Mr. Manmohan Singh will complete his term as PM, most likely with a new team of ministers. He spoke his mind, read Sonia Gandhi’s mind, which according to him are difficult problems. He adopted a safe and reasonable approach to many of them.
I’d say that’s great. But he should not overlook the possible rockiness that might welcome him and his ‘new team’ of ministers in midway. He says that there is plenty scope for co-operation between India and China. But, I hope he knows that the situation can worsen as the new leadership will take over China within 2 years. The J&K issue is screaming for attention, but there are no easy solutions to a vexed problem. Right?
PM and his team will need to be backed by the Congress and other allies, unless they want their efforts to have disastrous results.
My faith in the Indian government has already eroded. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks like that.
All Indian politicians need is a kick and most importantly a vision. Well, I hope our PM is wide awake now, to prove his capability to his people.
No comments:
Post a Comment